Tuesday, April 1, 2014

C4T Summary #3

Kids don’t learn from people they don’t like – Rita Pierson. 

I was assign to comment on Angela Maiers as my third teacher. The first post I commented on was explaining how teachers must secure their students hearts in order to get a shot at their brain. By doing this, she uses a method called the 2-5-2 rule. In the first two minutes of class, teachers should make a positive remark to several students, then teachers should commend at least five students for their contribution to the class discussion, finally teachers should reserve the last two minutes of class to reflect on what everyone learned that day. To find more about this rule, read Angela Maiers’s column in the Huffington Post. I responded by saying, "Hi, my name is Kastala Brown and I am majoring in elementary education at the University of South Alabama. I agree that it is important for teachers to let their students know that they care for them. If students feel that teachers care for them, they will open up and receive what the teachers are saying or teaching. I also agree that it is important that teachers show their students that they will be champions for them and teachers must demand the best from their students. Thanks for sharing."

The second post I commented on was Self-Awareness. In this post, Mrs. Maiers was explaining that for learners to become more effective they must know who they are. She also explain how powerful self awareness can be. She stated, "Self-awareness provides us with a system of checks and balances that equips us to understand ourselves and to make conscious choices and deliberate decisions about the direction and quality of our lives"(Angelmaiers.com). Also, she provided a short survey that teachers and students should take. I responded to the blog post by saying, "Hi my name is Kastala Brown and I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I agree with your blog post completely. It never crossed my mind that one thing that help students and adults learn is being aware of who they are. I am so glad that you shared that. I love the survey you provided. I will use this and I plan on giving one to my students so that I can become aware of whom they are. Thank you so much for posting!"

stand out

No comments:

Post a Comment