Thursday, March 13, 2014

C4T #2

I was assign to comment on Brian Cosby's blog.. Learning is Messy. The title of the post I commented on was Unleash the Learning Power of Blogs By Actually Using Them Consistently! The post that I commented on was about blogging. Brian was explaining in his post about how powerful blogging can be. He mention that blogs should be used consistently for it to be power. He named numerous of ways that blogging could be a learning tool. He also mention that blogging could connect students and families, which I totally agree with. He suggested that if we use blogging as a way for out students to learn, than we need to let them blog consistently.
I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am also enrolled in a course called Educational Media (EDM310). This course is teaching us the importance of using technology in the classroom. We also have a blog, where we have to post weekly and comment on our classmates' blog.
I agree that blogs are powerful and can be a learning tool. I have learn so much from blogging in my class and reading assigned blog post. I think if we allow our students to blog, it would be a great way to show their families what they have learn. It will connect their family to their learning process. It is a great way for students to meet writing criteria as well. I will definitely be incorporating blogging (safely) in my class. I agree with you totally. Thanks for sharing.

The second comment I left was on the blog post Stem: Cantilever Spans. This blog post was about a real cool science project that Mr. Cosby did with his students and their parents and friends. The materials need for the project are paint stirring sticks and washers. Sounds simple right? Well, it is just that simple. The students were to make as long a span  as possible using washers and stirring stick. He helped get the students started and than he answered no other questions. He wanted to let the students figured out how to do it. The parents even let the students take the lead. The project is pretty impressive. He walks you through how to do the project step by step. I recommend that you go look at this project.
I commented,  Mr. Cosby, I am really inspired from this science project. I love the fact that you were very creative with this project and you made the project fun. From the photos you shared, the students seem to be having fun, but most importantly they are learning. I hope to one day be a creative as you are and make learning fun for my students. I hope to use this project when I become a teacher. Thank you so much for sharing this.
learning is messy

No comments:

Post a Comment